Senior Python/Elasticsearch Engineer - Work in a Start-up | UserEngage | UserEngage
We are currently working on UserEngage.com multi-tool for businesses. You would be required to work at our office located in Warsaw, Poland. If You enjoy good vibes & fun time - this is the place for you :-) !
It would be a bonus if:
- You have experience in building enterprise software.
- You have knowledge and experience working with varied JVM-based technologies.
- You have knowledge and experience with languages such as Java, Scala, and Go.
- You have experience with database technology such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Hadoop, Druid, InfluxDB, MySQL, and Postgres.
- You have experience working with Apache Kafka.
- You are familiar with AWS services (EC2, DynamoDB, S3, etc) or similar cloud environments such as Google Cloud.
Working with us
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity and flexibility in our work culture.
- We're flexible on where and when you work. We care about what you get done and that's how we'll measure you - it is not about the time you spend sitting in the office.
- We offer a competitive salary and equity package.
- We try hard to create a happy and healthy workplace for ourselves. To accomplish this, we have: a clearly-structured personal review and development program; daily team chit-chats, breaks whenever you want; a fund for spending on personal happiness; generous health benefits, generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy, and lots of other perks.
- 7+ years of professional development experience, with the ability to translate high-level requirements to a working system, while setting technical direction and mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Significant development experience with Python.
- Interest in building out innovative Search functionalities in a SaaS-based system.
- Experience with search technology including ingestion, indexing, and retrieval of information using Elasticsearch (other Lucene-based search systems such as Solr also helpful).
- Demonstrated ability to work with distributed messaging tech such as Kafka or other MQ technology.
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, software engineering design patterns and principles.
- A keen desire to build modern analytics and search systems.